Sunday, April 29, 2012

An unusual Sunday

I don't know about you but I love a good routine.  I thrive on planting my roots and sticking to a schedule.  So today is a little strange for me because most of our Sundays have a certain routine to them.


Normally we get up and put on our fancy clothes (haha.  for me this is jeans--sometimes, a skirt) and we go to church.  After the service we all congregate at my parents home for lunch and family fellowship.  The girls and I look forward to this every week.  Daddy would, too but he is at work for all of this.  (Daddy works out of state--we have a home there and a home here.  Right now the girls and I are here and he is there--just FYI.  We spend a lot of time apart and a lot of time together--it is weird.  It is our life after all--weird.)


Anywho-ski...


Today both of the girls have a cold bug.  It is so not fun for them, poor dears.  And so we have stayed at home and not been able to enjoy church or been able to fellowship and chow down with family today.  No Bueno!  But I am thankful it is just a cold bug and both of these girlies are healthy little stinkers.  So thankful for that!


Lots to do today.  Do y'all actually rest on the Lord's day?  It seems I am just as busy with housework as I am every other day of the week.  I keep thinking it would be nice to work it somehow so that Sunday is a day of rest for us--but you know how it is.  I am great at thinking about it--but not so good on actually following through and doing something about it.  <sigh>


Happy Sunday-everyone!  Here is hoping you and yours are feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed and enjoying this Lord's day!





No comments:

Post a Comment